Re: [Harp-L] Re: Les Thompson on You Tube

The first thing I ever heard by Les was his fabulous solo on Al Jarreau's "(If I could only) Change Your Mind" on his album "This Time" when it came out back in the 80's. That cut is available on iTunes.

Since then I've run into a few other recordings:

LP, probably very hard to find: "Sessions, LIVE" with Buddy Collette, Abbey Lincoln, and Les Thompson (who is featured on 2 tunes, one of them his studio version of "There Will Never Be Another You" (similar to the youtube version). The other tune is "Don't Take Your Love From Me."
Callliope Records: Cal 3009, 1976

CD: "Toots Blues, 1950-1952", Toots Thielemans & Les Thompson "Les Pionniers de L'harmonica Jazz". Les is featured on 7 live cuts. Amazing! This one shouldn't be so hard to find.

- Slim.

www.SlideManSlim.com

Rick Dempster wrote:
Les Thompson? Never heard of him;but now I have. Thanks Rob. What else has he done? Great!
RD

Robert Paparozzi <chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 21/07/2008 11:03 >>>
Not sure if these were previously posted....good Jazz Chromatic Work

Les Thompson: There will never be another You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlLGjO8MzpU

With Hall and Oates (audio) on August Day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL-Xd7Uhfg0

Best,
Rob Paparozzi