Re: [Harp-L] Suzuki ProMaster Video Up (valved ProMaster inquiry)

Mike Fugazzi wrote:
> Would this type of harp allow for more slide guitar like phrasing and playing?
>I am really interested in trying one, but don't know if I can go without the
>extra pitches I can get with over bends.

If you really want a slide guitar sound, use a pitch shifter with a foot-operated pedal to control the pitch.  Then you can slide notes or entire chords up or down in parallel, which is what a slide does.

A number of the multi-FX devices out there from Boss, Zoom, Digitech, Line6, etc. include a pitch shifter with the option to assign the pitch shift to a footpedal.  If you own a Digitech RP 100/200/300, I can tell you how to set it up.  (The patch set I sell for the RP200 includes one patch that's set up to bend the incoming harmonica sound up or down a major 2nd.  But it can easily be modified to bend up or down for any range from a half-step to 2 octaves, though it's pretty tough to control the pitch bend exactly when the bend range is 2 octaves.)

regards, Richard Hunter