[Harp-L] harmonica can help again violence and criminality

Hey Jude, that sounds like a very 'real' way to help change toward peacefulness and sanity.
 As a trained counselor I find harmonica is a very rewarding 'gateway' to communicating with just about anyone.
 I often give little community seminars to kids that are 'running off the rails',it certainly can hold their attention especially when I use some of my 'silly kids tricks' and show.
My favorite shows and seminars are community based.
I notice all 'one to one' harmonica lessons are a little opportunity to help improve the persons self esteem, sense of fun and lovely skill to carry into life.
They call it 'PLAY music' [it's not a competition or a driven achievement unless you wish it to be so].
It is supposed to be fun after all and it definitely is about coming together in a 'tribal or spiritual connection'.
I believe the music coming from Africa which is intrinsic to modern contemporary music is not about 'who's the best' but about participating in the rhythm and story telling.
We all tap our feet we all talk we all have rhythm and blues[blues is a feeling].
I dig the fact that blues allows us to improvise and use our feeling and intuition whilst communicating not only with eachother as musicians but to see the audience 'tapping their feet' or dancing.
They to become part of the consciousness.
 We rarely get that kind of 'oneness' when talking and other intimacies.
I've lived a pretty 'wild life' [as has many other muso's] and harmonica can led toward Drug & alcohol awareness education and rehabilitation.
 No matter what age, everyone seems to enjoy harmonica music.
So if you think it can help lead to changing someone's focus from 'acting out' behaviors I would agree.
 It certainly can be a catalyst in that direction and it certainly is a non-violent focusing meditation or an interest which can lead into 'creativity'. I'm not religious but they say "God the Creator". I say "Good the Creative".
 I have a book which states "all art is easy....and music too".
 I believe we all want to 'vibrate to the universe and speak our stories and feelings'.
Frustration, financial desperation, hopelessness and lack of living skills information and personal validation are a massive issue in modern society. There are answers. The government, societies and institutions need to wake up!
Life wasn't meant to be this mean and stupid.
Alcoholism often equates to violence and generational dysfunction. It is the number one offender.
The corporate drug dealers [Alcoholic products, tobacco and many others even in our foods] have a  lot to answer for. Give me a lowly heroin dealer any day instead of the CIA or some other political rich bastard.
The government has been siphoning the taxes for these products since the turn of the 20 century.
I think Art and Music is the true reflection spirit of mankind.
The harmonica directly influenced by our breath and lingual skills is a fantastic way to express and as these HarpL pages show and ongoing pursuit toward excellence.
Finally you can be very sure Harmonica playing and recording is definitely is Non -Violent and legal.
Jude where do you live by the way? This is a very interesting preposition to me obviously.