RE: [Harp-L] Dave's Typo -was: Fun with Christelle

> From: rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx> Michael;> I don't think 'Yakety Yak' by the Coasters has anything to do with Yakety Axe'. Thetune and chord progression is different. I always believed that Chet Atkin's adapted Boots Randolph's recording of his tune 'Yakety Sax' - which was a take on King Curtis' playing (and yes, Curtis did play on 'Yakety Yak' and heaps of other Atlantic sessions for the Coasters & other vocal groups etc.) > I hope you'll excuse a mere mouth organ tooter being so bold as to correct a sax player on this subject!
Rick,
I only mentioned Dave's typo because it had an awesome King Curtis Owsley/Boots Randolph connection! Kind of like, 6 degrees of harp & sax separation.
Harmonica is no lower on the food chain than saxophone, it's just what you do with the instruments. People on this list play circles around some of the pro sax players I have known.
I go back and forth with a love hate relationship with both. So do listeners.
oh well -
breathe, play, be happy and thankful. PLAY MORE STACCATO WHEN NECESSARY, not always easy to do on harp.
Hope you're having a great Winter down under.Michael Peloquin http://www.harpsax.comhttp://www.myspace.com/harpsax