Fwd: [Harp-L] Vocal mic assistance

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mike reid
<shrimpdaddymike@...> wrote:

hello all I'm going to be purchassing a new vocal mic soon and i was
thinking of buying the standard SM58 or perhaps trying out the Beta
58 which i really liked using at a show recently.  anyway we are
going to be doing alot more Big Joe Turner and louis jordan louis
prima type material now in a new project that i'm going to be workin
on it will likely be a six or seven piece band and we are going to go
all out and wear suits and the works so i've been tempted to use the
new reissuie shure 55 the old Elvis mic does anyone have any
experience with this mic vocally and how well does it pick up when
playing acoustic harp behind it?
Shure 55SH Series II Vocal & Speech Microphone

****Sorry, no experience with that 55 (looks cool) or beta 58, but
FWIW, I use the Fireball as a vocal/"acoustic" harp mike and love
it.  If we are opening for a band, and the house has SM58s set up, I
replace mine with the Fireball.   Sometimes I have to use my own
cable because the Audix mike clip for the Fireball does not hold all
XLR cables well.
--jk