Re: [Harp-L] SPAH Line-up or Agenda

On Jul 21, 2008, at 5:59 AM, <venkyr@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear List,
As this is my first SPAH can some of you please put out a current list of performers at this year's SPAH? If this is too much work, just point me (us) in the right direction.

Categories-

1. Main performances

There is a face sheet that gives a general idea of who is performing. The exact schedule is on your program which is in your entry packet which you pick up on the day you register. And even that is subject to change. As it is found out at the last minute who is coming, things get shuffled to use the 'new' talent to spah's membership's best advantage.

2. Concurrent performances

Spah currently follows a pattern of placing two different genres running at the same time. One can cruise between BOTH performance locales to their own best preference.

3. Workshops

While some workshops and lectures are planned months ahead, some are last minute as 'new' stars are discovered as being in attendance at the last minute. This is a fluid issue and can change at any time.

4. Open jams

Depends on whom is attending. If people like Charles Spranklin, Phil Caltebellotta, Wally Peterman, Jim Lohman, Bob Hearndon, Don Klein, Ron Kalina, and others, get in the mood, a spontaneous jam can occur at any time. Blues james are usually restricted to night time...simply because all the talent is busy during the day with or at 'Phil Isko's' teach-ins.

5. Non-SPAH shows

The only non spah show that I am aware of is the now famous 'Jason Ricci Blues Blow-Off', which takes place Tuesday evening and is at a different location than the convention. It is a 'must see' for those who are not of the older faint at heart clan.

6. Rest room jams (no, not this one!)

As a general rule, we don't do this because the acoustics are too 'bright and echoey'

smo-joe

Thanks

Venk