Re: [Harp-L] Koch Chromatic

Besides the differences described already, the Koch mouthpiece can be made as airtight as a 260 or 270 mouthpiece, and its reeds can be retuned and valved, making it a very nice 10-hole instrument. My favorite harp is a Koch, valved and retuned by Pat Missin.  It is an 'auggie' (whole-tone chromatic) -- each reed bank plays an augmented chord and these are half-steps apart.  -John T