[Harp-L] harmonica tracks

Inspired by a few weeks on this list, I've put some new blues tracks that are heavier on the harmonica up on

http://www.myspace.com/rhammersley

As those interested can hear, nowadays I like a 'live' 'rough and ready' and improvised asethetic. Probably a reaction to literally thousands of hours editing concrete music/ poetry in meticulous detail on two or three reel-to-reel tape recorders, which is how I passed a lot of leisure time 1979-1986.

For the techno-heads on this list:

Waitress blues features me abusing a mandolin (no harmonica) with Ken Mullen playing guitar. Recorded live using a sony stereo microphone direct into garage band and a bit of equalisation and reverb added afterwards.

Fundamentalist blues is me multi tracking in garage band, input via same sony stereo mic.

Settle up and go is live with harp in a holder, same sony stereo mic.

Other tracks are pseudo-live using my new Zoom h4 - one take for guitar and vocals, one take of harp. No tinkering with the sound at all except mixing volume and panning. As others have commented, the sound quality of this wee recorder is absolutely remarkable; superior to sony stereo recording mic that cost 2/3 of the entire recorder. Can't say the same about the terrible little buttons - how many times have I pressed record and gone into edit input mode instead at a critical moment - and here it is used as an audio input to the computer, rather than as a stand alone.

Enjoy

Richard

Richard Hammersley
Grantshouse, Scottish Borders