Subject: Re:[Harp-L] making youtube vids (video cameras)

Absolutely,  this is why I gave up on it for long-term use and just  got yet
another mini-camera, only this one records straight onto DVD's (as well  as
from a memory stick I haven't yet purchased).

However...Sony's now come out with a new recorder..just picked it up
yesterday.  Not  all that inexpensive ($200),  but with a gift card and percentage
off after buying the camera:  I paid a lot less.

It's going to get some heavy use transferring my minitapes to DVD, so  I
needed something which will hold up.  It's a VRD-MC5 multifunction DVD
recorder...very small...will dupe all the tapes and dvd's and also  allow copying of all
photos from a memory stick to DVD, bypassing the  computer.  Cool.  I have
such a stack of minitapes I haven't yet been  able to dupe or watch for that
matter, including Jason & NB shows, spah  2007, etc.  This machine should remove
the PITA factor  hopefully ....someone in the reviews called it 'idiot
proof'...now  that's my kind of machine.   :)

Next purchase will be a digital camera,since I'm still using my old Nikon
(takes incredible photos, but impossible for travel)...

_Click  here: Sony Makes Backing Up to DVD a Snap | blog.JR.com_
(http://blog.jr.com/sony-makes-backing-up-to-dvd-a-snap/)

Elizabeth

Message: 14