Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Jayphat like Ron Holmes' box?(long w/synopsis up front)

Besides everything else you've discussed, this was very timely...for me,  giv
en that someone just decided to ignore my solid caps "OFFLIST" designation in
a private email subject heading, and post it to the list presumably to  cause
 embarrassment.  Amusingly, though..it served to have the  entirely opposite
effect. ;)

Great post all the way around.

Elizabeth

(snipped)
"Though this discussion has been useful in eliciting Ron  Holmes's
assessment of the JAYPHAT, I hope it has been still more useful  in
demonstrating how one should use Harp-L's offlist network to  avoid
embarrassing oneself or someone else publicly when delicate  questions
arise.  Inquiring offlist first can save bandwidth and  increase
civility; I hope listmembers will realize that and remember to  take
advantage of offlist options in the future.

Stephen  Schneider"