Re: [Harp-L] Suzuki Fabulous Videos up on YouTube

Looking at this website, I saw the demo. vid for the Suzuki tremolo chromatic. Hmmm... don't think I'm going to start saving for that one - not really my thing - but it did occur to me that the suggestion I pointed in Rick Epping's direction awhile back (yeah I know - different company) of a chromatic XB40, er, XB80 is obviously not impossible, as this monster has 80 reeds anyhow. Any takers? maybe one of you customisers?? Just imagine; loud, chromatic and universally bendable! Scary!

RD

PS I was just looking at a Harpmaster (display only, otherwise, at $Aus29.95 I would have bought one) and thought it looked a bit on the cheap side, just the way it was put together.

>>> Paul Bowering <paul_bowering@xxxxxxxxx> 17/07/2008 14:52 >>>
More new premium harps?! That's fabulous. (You knew it was coming; sorry).
I've been impressed with Suzuki's product; even their cheaper Harpmaster is quite responsive and loud. There is one problem. On all models I've tried the cover plates never sit flush with the reedplates at the corners. I don't know how much air is lost because like I said, the harps seem responsive and airtight. Still, it's an annoyance. Has this been addressed in the new models?
Also, did the video mention if these models have the phospher reeds? Any word on price, etc?
Paul