Subject: [Harp-L] Chrometta

I don't like the Chrometta line at all...don't play the 8 and 12 I  own....
but know several people on Slidemeister who absolutely won't play  anything
else.  Look for Alliax's videos on YouTube (he's also on  Slidemeister), who
plays everything on (I believe) a 12 or 14 hole chrometta (I  forget which). It is
true that the 8 is pocket sized, but I use my 10-hole old  Hohner chromonica
for that purpose, wood body (intact despite its age) and  all.

I find the chrometta mouthpiece holes too big for me...much preferring the
CX-12 line (for a mostly plastic chromatic).  I just like the sound of  them so
much more, the ease of cleaning, and the fat button with the very  short
throw.

You might consider taking this question to a predominantly chromatic  site.
You'll get far more responses, feedback and insight about the  instrument:
ease of playing, repair, etc.

Elizabeth

Message: 6
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:46:01 +1000
From: "Rick  Dempster" <rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

I was wondering if anyone would like to offer some  advice on the Hohner
'Chrometta' line, particularly the Chrometta 8. But for  that matter, I'm looking
for a small 'pocket' chromatic, so I can conveniently  carry a chrom on my
person the way I have always done with diatonics.
I seem  to recall some negative comments about the Chrometta.
Thanks,
RD