[Harp-L] Lots of Love from Elizabeth to Joel...

Hello Elizabeth,

Yes, there are people on Harp-l who have interesting and constructive
things to say.....Steve Shaw, Rick Dempster, Rick Epping amongst others.
yes..I quite agree.

Pity then that you aren't on this list.

Hahaha...you really are amusing. :)  Perhaps you mistake me for someone
easily intimidated by your bullying, or contrarily...someone who gives a
flying fig as to your opinion?

For the record, I would certainly include you in the 'not on the
interesting and constructive list', as well, lol.

for your edification, I constantly receive many emails and posts
singling out and commending me for my contributions to harp-l.  I could
quote a dozen recently as proof that I have as valid a voice in this
community as anyone else, even when I wasn't quite sure I belonged
there. Hopefully you'll quite understand when I explain that having you
agree with these lovely people about me would be a detriment rather than
a positive? lol

Are you Winslow's mum, by the way, as you seem to be unable to help
yourself from jumping in to his discussions.
awww.  Did you seriously think this was a put down?  It's so 4th grade.
LOL.
Surely you can do better than the old and hackneyed: 'mother' insults?
And no, since Winslow and I are fairly similar in age, it would be
pretty much impossible for me to be his 'mum', lol!

I'm sure he's a big boy who can fight his own battles (not that this is
a battle, you understand, merely a dialogue or a discussion)
Of course he can.  Since I haven't yet 'defended' him at all, merely
thanked him for explaining on list that these were two completely
separate and unrelated videos.  The fact that you took it as me
defending him speaks volumes about your abilities of perception.  You
see insults and 'attacks' where there are none.  However, you have gone
out of your way to toss off insults against other very good people
willy-nilly...even so much as to get in a jab against Jim Conway (your
claim that it took him 3 tries to get it).  You're really quite
transparent to anyone with any 'depth' perception.

(not that this is
a battle, you understand, merely a dialogue or a discussion)

oh, come now.  Everything you've done since you joined the list has been
a 'battle'...whether for recognition, or shouting as loudly and as
sarcastically as you can to get attention...it's all the same thing (and
easily deciphered).

As to people leaving, I have read all the other stuff on Buddhasgroove,
so know a bit about all the back-biting, sniping and general
provincionalism that goes on on this list.
But of course you have no idea of the origins of the furor created on
harp-l, the person attacking a well-loved and honest player with
impunity with accusations of cheating where none existed?  You 'think'
you have some knowledge, but it's clearly sadly lacking.

As to buddha's groove...it is owned by an individual, so if HE chooses
to make his opinions known about someone he despises on his own website,
that's entirely his choice.  He set up his website purely so opinions
can be expressed therein without the censorship of harp-l.  When you own
YOUR own website, you can do and say as you please. Many of us agree
with him, so what?  Why is that any of your place or business to judge
without having all the facts?

...either do ALL the research... get the entire story, or MYOB.

I'm afraid your attitude is revealed through your rhetoric.
You have absolutely no idea who I am or anything about my 'attitude'.
Conversely, yours is all too obvious. Small man with Napoleonic complex.
Quite common, I should think? LOL.

Yes, I have attitude and don't care who knows it, but it's mine and I'm
very happy with it, thank you.
 I see ;)  So...let's understand this: you are allowed your attitude and
 you're very happy with it, so should be allowed to say whatever you
 choose, but I am not accorded the same privileges, am not allowed to
 have my own?  hmmm  Strange sense of fair play, wot?

And I will continue to say what I think and feel, whoever and whatever
you think you are.....
Have at it.  Keep cutting your own throat.  It will no longer faze me at
all, although when I first read your insulting put-downs of some of the
best players in the world, I very nearly wrote to you to give you a
'heads-up", to explain how just such an attitude will result in the
opposite of the very thing you claim you want.

  I'm quite relieved now that I didn't. waste my time and energy since
  you seem to have no understanding at all in how to function or behave
  in polite society.  I don't 'think' I am anything other than a
  harmonica chromatic player, an amateur who has fairly recently come
  back to playing after years away.  I gave up the harmonica upon
  arrival in the US  from Scotland.  I've reiterated this information
  and my decidedly amateur status ad infinitum on the lists.  I have no
  'ego' thereto.  You, on the other hand clearly demonstrate your fury
  upon your perception of 'being ignored',with an ego run amuck.
  Transparently.

Perhaps you should read postings by people who have actually agreed with
my position that playing acoustically is very difficult,
good lord, man.  Do you think you promulgated the  idea? Or that it's in
any way new?  Acoustic playing and its inherent difficulties have been
discussed at length on the list long before you ever appeared.  They
aren't agreeing with 'your' position, merely acknowledging something
long discussed and established before you ever showed up.  90% of the
playing taking place at Spah and other conventions is acoustic.  Most of
the people in attendance who play in the corridors, lobbies and even
some seminars, play acoustically there and when they're home as well.
You seem to think you're the only person with any knowledge of acoustic
harmonica playing.  Get a grip.
in fact, why
don't you read my first and second postings, so you know what is
actually being said, rather than your desire to protect Winslow.
this is your basic problem.  You immediately assumed (making a complete
ass out of yourself), that I was 'defending' Winslow. How inane.
Winslow has never needed or required or would so much as expect:
'defending'.  You leapt to that conclusion erroneously, as I've already
pointed out, with your innate ability to misunderstand what is written.

Again, perhaps I should spell this out?  I  p o s t e d   a   s e c o n
d   v i d e o unbeknownst to Winslow.  When you mistakenly assumed
(there's that Ass again!), that it was the same video he first posted
and leapt to attack him...I couldn't decide just how to explain it to
you, given your obvious propensity for jumping to conclusions..so was
mulling over exactly how and what to write to accept responsibility for
my part in creating confusion; when Winslow posted his response and
saved me the bother.

Ergo my thank you to him, which post you immediately misread in your
zeal to attack me!  Does it somehow satisfy you to feel you've 'bested'
a woman? Seems so... as I've already gotten a half dozen emails
commenting to me the opinions that in your world women  aren't supposed
to, or are even 'allowed' to have a voice.  Too bad for you, but you
will not shut me up.

Strangely, I've long been teasingly telling my American friends just how
superior British education was.  Seems I'll have to eat my words, given
your inability to grasp even the simplest of written explanations.

The latest edition of Geantrai on RTE Ireland has Mick Kinsella on
harmonica and his wife Josephine on Melodeon. They are in a pub, the
audience is hushed, but the harmonica, even with a microphone close by,
struggles to be heard as a voice over the power of the unamplified
Melodeon.
So what?  so many variables affect acoustics...including the venue..the
room itself.

Yet some people (who have a strong ability to project their sound) can
be heard at a much higher volume than others.  I'll cite Jimi Lee as the
perfect example. The man can be heard anywhere at any time, over guitar,
piano, drums...other people playing; without any amplification
whatsoever.  Ask anyone who's experienced this phenomenon personally.

But of course you won't.  You're so egotistically sure of your own
'facts', you'll refuse to accept anything to the contrary.  That, I
quite see..is your Achilles heel.

I idly wondered why you weren't espousing your 'new' info re your
'phantom' note..to the people at NHL...the British harmonica society.
Then it dawned on me that you probably already have and were roundly
ignored by them..so you now come to an American audience with a gigantic
chip on your shoulder.

It hasn't yet occurred to you that perhaps the biggest problem people
have in taking you seriously is in getting past the first horrible
grating sounds on your video...therefore never quite managing to hear
what it is you wish them to towards the end.  I actually stuck with it
despite it paining my ears...but I can't imagine people as busy as the
many pro's you insisted should respond to you (no matter how busy their
lives or schedules might be)... being able to spend the time wading
through the dross.

So yet again, does Winslow's assertion that he can hold his own
acoustically over a band have anything useful to say to a budding
acoustic player.
Winslow speaks for himself.  He's a grown man and needs no one to defend
him.  He's also one of the most learned, knowledgeable and, yes...NICE
people ever to grace the harmonica lists.  Attacking him makes you come
across as quite the fool, since he is a most decent and kind gentle man
who goes about his life and music in a very low-key manner, garnering
admirers and friends wherever he goes, and who gives back a great deal
to harmonica players and the community at large.

Before you jump to quote a couple of odd people out who may have decided
they don't like him, first ask if they've met him personally.  I'm sure
there are one or two who might still judge him unfairly our of jealousy
and resentment to his intelligence, but they're far in the minority.
Everyone else knows just how valuable an asset he is to the harmonica
world.

Does blowing your own trumpet constitute good teaching, I don't think
so.
LOL..this is too rich.  That's all you've done in your posts....quite
clearly the pot calling the kettle black.

  Winslow, on the other hand..(after I took the time to reread his last
  couple of dozen posts from the archives)...merely made statements of
  fact. That you choose to interpret his words as 'blowing his own
  horn', telegraphs much more about you than it ever would him.

The old saw about 'winning more flies with honey', surely applies when
one is desperate to get recognition, attention and feedback.  One would
think a grown adult male would perhaps have learned that very simple and
basic truth by now?

Oh, yes, it's 'PEDANTRY' isn't it, thank you for the
correction..........ho ho!

Cheers,
Joel.
wrong again.  I wasn't 'correcting' you.  I merely reiterated the term
to refute your mistaken perceptions thereto.  I'm afraid it would have
been impossible for me to then spell it erroneously purely to cater to
your ego. (My British education coming into play, of course).

EGS

Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene in
your area - Check out TourTracker
--
  Joel Thomas
  theloveboxquartet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx