From: "EGS1217@xxxxxxx" <EGS1217@xxxxxxx>
To: dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2008 11:12:34 PM
Subject: Subject: [Harp-L] side vent test discussion

Dave asked:  "Did anybody hear a tonal difference? If so, what was it like? There is a difference in volume, I couldn't really hear much of a volume shift, but I could see a slight change graphed, so it's there."

yes.  clear as a bell ;)  I'm one of the 19 who heard it instantly. Actually, it sounded as though the sound was almost being 'bent', but it was being done by blocking and unblocking the vent.  Very strong difference (at least to my untrained ears)...when your finger came off (and yes I could easily hear each time you blocked and unblocked the vents)...the sound 'popped' louder, and was fuller; then more muffled when the vents were being covered.

Elizabeth

Message: 10