[Harp-L] When 8/9 Draw Reeds won't Sound

So..., I !!finally!! Begin to learn my way around holes 7-10.
Only to find... That tragedy shadows triumph... And that sometimes, the
eight and nine draws won't sound at all.
I'm referring to Special 20's, in d and g... Both of them three or four
months old... And both having sustained a moderate-to-heavy amount of usage.

If rectifying this problem involves opening up the harmonica, please be
painfully detailed with your suggestions as I'm visually impaired.
Also, for future reference, if I need to replace the harmonicas, is there a
storage/maintenance strategy to prevent this from happening?
Thanks,
Brad Trainham