[Harp-L] Re:Meisterklasse

John Broecker wrote:

Steve Baker:

The Meisterklasse Richter 10-hole diatonic and the Meisterklasse slide
chromatic are both shown in the 1983 Hohner USA catalog, (Ashland Virginia).They
are displayed in a full-page picture on the front cover of the 1983 catalog,
"Hohner Harmonicas,Melodicas,Accordions."

This may be the case, but I don't believe they were actually released then. I was sent test models in around 1983 but the development took some time and I reviewed the newly released MK580 (released in Europe at any rate) at the beginning of 1985, which is why I named that date. I don't believe they can have been released much earlier than late 1984. They were made entirely in Trossingen so Hohner USA is unlikely to have had them earlier. As you will be aware, Hohner has been known to announce new models before they've actually been available,

Steve

Steve Baker
steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.stevebaker.de