Re: [Harp-L] Re: The shapes of the covers

The cool thing about the Hohner MS:system is there are FIVE harmonicas, with FIVE different Covers, which make a difference in sound. For instance, if you took a Hohner MS:Blues Harp, then put Big River covers on, it would sound brighter. Cross Harp covers it would sound warmer, and very similar to the Blues Harp Covers, but still different. The Meisterklasse Covers would also be warm, or slightly warmer than the other two.

The Pro Harp would be warm, but every cover has a slightly different tone.

Every thing on the harmonica makes a difference in tone! Covers, Wood combs, how the comb is sealed, how big the chambers are. Here comes the Big Debate, Titanium, Brass, Aluminum, Stainless steal, and Plastic harmonica combs have an effect. The Reeds, and reed adjustment make a huge difference, and thickness of reed plates, and so on.

The players ATTACK. There are so many variables.

The Most Import approach is that the Player achieves Fat Acoustic Tone. This will come, if you play everyday!!!!! It may take 1year, 5 years, 10 years, but it will come, if you stick to it, and play EVERY DAY. Once you have that, you will hear, and feel the difference in every harmonica you play.
And Every harmonica you do play, will have a sound all its own.

Play the harmonca that feels right to you, and you will grow your sound.

And with all the choises in harmonica's today, you will know which brand is for YOU!

Every player has to Grow their own sound.

One more thing, Stay tuned!

Mark

Mark Lavoie
4849 Bristol Rd