From: David Payne <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Hohner Blues Harps/MBs same in '69? When was SP20 born?
To: "Harp L Harp L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 10:12 AM

They were the same, Dave, but you know how subjective and full of variables
these things are, the biggest difference would be lack of a side vent on the
blues harp, which would make a big difference in perceived sound, or could have
been comparing a D Blues harp with a C Marine Band, or maybe you got different
years on the plates... but who knows. I know that the old Old Standbys and
Marine Bands were the same except for the covers and I knew it back in the
day, but I liked the Old Standby more. So, who knows?
That difference in tone would have been from the side vent on the Marine Band,
I'm sure.
Dave
Dave Payne Sr.
Elk River Harmonicas