Re: [Harp-L] Shure SM57 Impedance range

I recently bought an SM57 on eBay and it was indeed a copy. It was VERY well done - came with all the packaging and literature I would expect, looked exactly like the genuine article. But the "transformer" inside was a dummy. The green and yellow wires went straight by it and directly to the XLR connector. On a "real" SM57, the wires from element to the transformer are green and yellow, but the wires from the transformer to the XLR connector are blue and red. The mic didn't sound all that bad - maybe a little dirtier than a genuine article - and had higher output than my genuine SM57.

/Greg

http://www.blowsmeaway.com
http://www.bluestateband.net