[Harp-L] Problems with A Harps

Derwood wrote:

The best advice I have gotten (off the list) so far is that I blow too hard!
I am going to try to work on that and see if it helps. But, I do not see why
it is just an issue with my A harps. Do I need to gap them better or make so
other modification, or should I accept the fact that I am a "blow hard" and
work more in that direction. I have had one harp go out of tune on me in 15
years. granted I do not play all the time. I would love to hear more from
the harp modification experts or the trainers to confirm my breath issues.

Derwood, I don't count myself as one of the experts but i know a little something.  I too wonder why
you only have problems with your A harp, but if u blow into a hole forcefully and it makes no sound,
I suggest that u check your gap.  The gap may be too low for your playing style.
  That said, i also believe it to be good advice to try not to play so hard.  If you want to get into
overdraws, your gaps will need to be lower than your present playing style allows.
ron