Re: [Harp-L] Respect

For the record, it wasn't a "former manager" of Little Walter who
wrote those comments.  It was someone who booked a road gig for Little
Walter - one engagement - had a bad experience, and understandably,
never booked him again.  Not to say that his opinion isn't valid,
only that it wasn't based on personally observing of a lengthy history of bad
behavior.

Scott

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, captron100@... wrote:

> In all the years I've been on Harp-L, one of the two biggest
firestorm "discussions" was created
> when one of Little Walter's former managers posted an off-the-cuff
remark that denigrated Walter's
> character. He said something to the effect that from his own
personal experience, in not so many
> words, Walter was immoral, ornery and mean, and would take
advantage (if not rob u outright, if i
> mbr correctly) you if he could. Myself, i found it an interesting
glimpse into the personality of
> one of the greatest harmonica stylists. But the multitude of angry
Harp-L posters who responded in
> defense of Little Walter showed how highly revered he is.  In
general, they thought it was highly
> unnecessary to bring to light the character defects of their icon.
>  Of course, the other big firestorm was the great "comb materials
debate".  Both were so long ago