[Harp-L] Blowing too hard...

OK,
Blowing (or drawing) too hard simply destroys harps.
Back in the sixties when I was on the road as a full time musician, (Blues
and Rock 'N' Roll) I'd blow out 3 harps every night... I was "competing"
against a Gibson SG guitar through a 200 watt Marshall Amplifier. stack with two  4
x 12" cabs... MUCH louder than me. And the Bass Guitar through a 100 watt Vox
 amp. Usually at full volume.
I had a 100 watt Vox Supreme amp at the time, with two 2 x 12"  cabs, but
could never get it over "3" on the volume control, because of  feadback!
A while ago, I was playing with a 25 piece orchestra, with a FANTASTIC  sound
man....  Played with them for 3 years, and didn't blow out a single
harmonica.
Last week I was playing 100% acoustic, NO AMP, NO PA... with 2 fiddles and
one guitar....
I destroyed reeds on 4 or 5 harmonicas during the evening.
Why?
I was maximizing volume. And blowing and drawing too hard!
If you want your mouth organs to last, simply don't be so forceful.
However, if you want the "ultimate" tone, and maximum volume, just get  used
to spending your gig fee on replacement instruments!
I want the ULTIMATE tone.... If it destroys a few harmonicas so  what?
It is the MUSIC that matters.
Best wishes
John Walden
London