Re: How to do good throat vibrato WAS: [Harp-L] How ta lern to Play proply

Here's what I feel when I do it: When I make a note, I hold my throat open so as to get a full tone. When I want a vibrato, I relax my throat muscles. I think that the sudden relaxation of the muscles starts a vibration, and leaving my throat relaxed maintains it. But one thing of which I am certain is that it involves relaxation of the throat.

Throat vibrato in a harmonica is the same as for singing. I suggest you look around for information about singing vibrato, which should be more readily available than the same information under harmonica throat vibrato. It is the same technique, at least the way I play and sing.

-LM