[Harp-L] Problems with A Harps

After collecting 3 or 4 harmonicas in the key of A, I have realized that my
issues must not just be the particular harmonicas. First I got a Suzuki
promaster and never bought another one. Now I have a Hering Vintage, which
is my favorite model, generally. I have a few others too. Every A harp I own
has some level of what I call choking. (I am not sure this is what other's
call choking) It seemed that every time I preformed with an A harp I could
not get the reeds (mostly homes 2-4) to sound without easing into them
slowly and softly. I recently realized that It happens less when I am
practicing because I tend to cup more with a mic and if I loosen my cup the
choking goes away. I do not have this issues on any of my other harps, just
my A's. I do not think that I blow too hard in general.

Any suggestions for fixing this?

Thanks,

Derwood