Re: [Harp-L] the melodious gg speaks on OBs

"OBs are no more or less difficult to play than
anything else "
Chris, I believe this is  demonstrably untrue, and therefore misleading. You may be speaking of your own experience perhaps, but the majority of players (I've been teaching people for nearly thirty years) will find the overbends difficult to control and difficult to use effectively, even ift they do learn quickly to produce a passable  squawk in the right general tonal direction.  In fact it's probably less painful for everybody if most people let them alone, unless they can show good reason why they need them. Most of what I've heard of this technique does not demonstrate such a need, and a great deal of it is gawd-awful (mine included no doubt)
RD