Re: [Harp-L] Harmonicas and respect

We play an instrument that has generally received little respect.

I'm not disagreeing. I play in a band with a changing cast of characters. 3 of the various people I've played with regularly are multi instrumentalists. None of the 3 can play a harmonica and all 3 have remarked to me that they don't know how I do it. It doesn't make sense to them and it seems difficult to learn. So while I guess we don't always get respect for our abilities from the general public at least I enjoy the respect of my peers, other musicians I play with regularly. Works for me. fjm