Re: [Harp-L] Audacity Special Effects Does Not Seem To Work?

hi all,
  i bought this software too,and presumed it was free, then when i go to use it there seems to be issues, then as i continue to pursue a fix or reboot or something, it occurs to me that i need to subscribe to either an activation for 3 months or something for 35 bucks, or all of their software and free updates for what they call forever, so the hook was set and guess what happened next, i have been reecording with it but have not reached the effects and editing stuff yet, but i really can't find much help with that learning curve either, but what the heck maybe it is just another of the challenges that may or may not be conquered......happy holiday     joe g.... in landisville  pa

Garry Hodgson <harp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Patrick Fiege
wrote:

> I have tried to use Audacity's Special Effects and other parts of
> their software, but they do not work.

"something doesn't work" doesn't give us a lot to go on. however,
two things come to mind. if you're playing music in audacity, most
of the tools are unavailable, and greyed out. likewise, most of
the tools need you to have selected some audio before they can be
used. so select some audio, hit effects>amplify, tweak the values
and see if that works.

--
Optimism and pessimism don't exist for me.
I'm a blues man. I am a prisoner of hope.