[Harp-L] Re: Seydel Endorsement

Mike Wesoöowski wrote:

It's no secret that Hohner's quality for harps straight out of the box has diminished

Though I certainly can't claim to be impartial, having worked for the Hohner company in Germany as a consultant for many years, Mike your statement doesn't seem either fair or correct to me. Hohner has invested a lot of money in retooling in recent years and my direct comparisons with instruments made by other manufacturers lead me to believe that the Hohner Classic reed plates used in the Marine Band, Marine Band Deluxe and Special 20 which are currently being produced are of the highest quality Hohner has made since the 1950s. I certainly prefer them to anything else on the market. Reed life is up considerably too. When did you last try a new one?

For a listing of recent improvement see <http://www.hohner.eu/ index.php?1335>

Steve Baker
steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.stevebaker.de