Re: [Harp-L] MARK Ford

I won't repeat the flame letter I got from Mr. Yuknalis. I have played as a sideman at large venues many times. I have had my harps stolen - they are easy to steal, I have been threatened and even people who should know better have stopped by to share their spit with me via my harps. So, I am hairtrigger about finding people around my stuff, and I will not apologize for it. I don't control the security at these events, but I sure have had some conversations with them about these things when they happen.

Professional sidemen have to be ready and able to play when they are called upon to do so. You can't say, "Oh, that harp got stolen" or "I have a broken reed" or "some idiot munching french fries just used my harp". You just have to play and sound good - somehow. That's what sidemen do.

-LM