[Harp-L] Re: Amp questions: MaxiMouse/Hohner Hoodos

Posted by: "Bob Loomis" _miltloomis@xxxxxxxxx _
(mailto:miltloomis@xxxxxxxxx?Subject= Re:[Harp-L]%20Amp%20questions:%20Maxi%20Mouse/Hohner%20Hoodoos)
Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:04 pm (PST)
I'm posting this to other Harp lists
if I get no answers here, but wanted to see if
anyone closer to home has answers first. Two
questions:
1. Maxi Mouse is Dead ... Long Live Maxi
Mouse! My old Maxi Mouse amp, a great portable
amp, has finally expired. The battery will not
take a charge. I used to use it as a monitor at
coffeehouse gigs. I know I read on one music list
or another a post about resurrecting these.
Anybody here have experience or know how to do
that? I'm sure it means replacing the battery,
but the Maxi Mouse company is out of business and
I'm a bit of a klutz about electronics.
2. I just got the new Musician's Friend
catalog with new stuff from NAMM. There's a page
and review of the new Hohner Hoodoo Box harp amp
and the Hohner Hoodoo Hand wireless setup for
harp. Anybody here tried these?
Thanks in advance!

Bob Loomis
Concord CA

Hi Bob,

 I'm posting this to the list also, as it may benefit others. Although not on
their website. Lectrosonics. Inc. still has the batteries for the Mouse &
Maxi-Mouse (they use the same one) available. I bought two of them about two
years ago. Call them  @ either 505-892-4501 or 1-800-821-1121 & ask for extension
153.This will put you in touch with Jeanette Gorman & she will be happy to
help you. The part # you want is 40049 and at that time they were $20.61 plus
shipping. I have two, The Maxi & the Mouse & love them. How's life  in Concord?
I spent quite a few years in that area, _Concord_ (file://\\Concord) , Walnut
Creek etc. Great memories, anyway hope this helps,
Regards,
Will