RE: [Harp-L] 'moonshiner' movie with great harmonica soundtrack

Tom Klingl wrote:
<I wanted to ask you for the name of a movie I have
<seen about 20 years ago. As far as I remember it's about moonshiners <playing cat and mouse with the police somewhere in the South. At the
<end of the movie there was a car chase on country backroads and a <(the?) sheriff drove
<into a lake because he took the wrong branch-off.
<I remember the great harmonica music in the background which helped to
<increase the thrill of the action.

<Can anybody please tell me
<a) the name of the movie?
<b) the harmonica player who did the soundtrac

Don't know the name of the movie--try looking it up in IMDB.com. You can search by actor, which should help.

Since it was made 20 years or so ago, the odds are very high that Tommy Morgan did the soundtrack. Tommy's ability to produce stupefyingly accurate country harmonica on demand is clearly demonstrated in his work on the soundtrack for "In Pursuit of D.B. Cooper," where he lays down an amazing Charlie McCoy vibe. And 20 years ago, there were not a lot of movies with harmonica that Tommy didn't play. He was voted the number one session player of the year twice in a row by the Los Angeles Musician's Union local in the 1980's. Think for a minute about who was playing on that scene in that period--Tommy was voted the number one SESSION player, not the number one HARP player.

Of course there were plenty of worthy harp players in LA at the time. But given Tommy's lock on the business, I'd vote for him until someone can offer a for-sure alternative.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
harmonica blog at http://myspace.com/richardhunterharp
Latest mp3s always at http://broadjam.com/rhunter