From: "EGS1217@xxxxxxx" <EGS1217@xxxxxxx>
To: dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2008 9:07:41 PM
Subject: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] harp movies (once upon a time in the west)

Excerpted from Dave Payne's post about "Once Upon a Time in the West"

" Finally, he tires, falls, the brother is hanged."

I always thought (and believed I just saw it again in the video clip)...that the brother with the noose around his neck while standing on his kid brother's shoulders...actually kicks him away after calling the Fonda character a 'son of a bitch'...effectively hanging himself...just so the younger brother would NOT feel responsible for his older brother's death.  It made the scene for me....am I misinterpreting this?

If you hadn't brought the 'eerie' harp playing in the background to my attention, I doubt I would have realized just how much it was incorporated into the soundtrack. Thanks!  Great movie...definitely worth re-visiting.

Elizabeth

"