Re: [Harp-L] Re: Phrasing and Spacing

Practicing scales just reaffirms your note choices based on that particular
scale/harmony. It helps your inner ear hear the possibilities.

For instance, if you sustain a low pedal tone "C" (lead weight holding down
the key on a synthesizer set for long tone, like an organ tone) and play a "D
dominant seventh" scale up and down, you will help train your inner ear
"hear"  what a raised fourth (or sharp eleventh) sounds like.

Start your scale on different scale degrees to free your inner ear from
always moving towards root position or 1st degree references.

The Iceman

In a message dated 1/23/2008 1:36:53 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,