Re: [Harp-L] Phrasing and Spacing

I'm not very technical really,  although I find that I do some of the things
that people talk about being  technical. Phrasing is one of the things that I
find that I do without thinking  of it being technical or not. As for the
silence in between the notes, I find it  easier to listen to the drummer when I'm
leaving notes out like that. I'm a  semi-decent drummer and it pleases me to
hear the drum beats like that anyway so  when I'm playing I'm playing off of
what the bass player and the drummer are  doing most of the time. There are
times when a person has to play harmony with  what the guitar or keyboards are
doing and I do that, but I find it easier (esp.  for the blues) to do my own
thing within the chord structure and timing.

        Just me.

       Randy
    Biscuitboy Blues

In a message dated 1/22/2008 9:08:42 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,