Re: [Harp-L] Ever have a harmonica stuck to your tongue? I just did

Pic #16,,,that's the one. That'll warm up your tongue.

BL
----- Original Message -----
From: "David Payne" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Harp L Harp L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2008 10:12 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Ever have a harmonica stuck to your tongue? I just did

> This is how you can tell it is cold in West Virginia right now. Long story
short, I covered Jason RIcci's concert here in Parkersburg Friday for the
newspaper (story is here:
http://www.newsandsentinel.com/page/content.detail/id/501348.html?nav=5056)
and I didn't have time to upload the Jason RIcci pics on the photo web site
we've got. So, I go in at the paper around midnight tonight to upload those
photos and turn my time sheet, which I forgot Saturday. Just before I left
the house, I finished a custom job for myself, this really sweet old Marine
Band. As I pull in, I put the Marine Band on the console.
> I didn't think I'd be there long, but it takes me about an hour of
screwing around with these Fred Flintstone computers we've got to get the
Jason Ricci photos uploaded. I come back out to the car, see the Marine Band
and think, I'd love to hear one of those sweet IV Chord octaves, I put it up
to my lips, tongue block the 2 and 3 holes, blow the octave and try to lift
my tongue off for the I chord, but my tongue won't come off. I take my hand
off the harp, just to see if it will dangle from my tongue by itself ----
and it does. First thing that came to mind was the flagpole scene in "A
Christmas Story" I could go inside work and get it warmed up, but instead of
subjecting myself as forever being known as the guy who came in with a harp
stuck to his tongue, I just kind of pried it off.

> I don't know why I did that, I always warm harps up before I play. I guess
we all make mistakes sometimes, it's just some mistakes make you feel more
like a jackass than others.

> The Jason Ricci photos are at the link below. It was like taking pictures
in a cave, the pics are dark, using natural light, ISA 1600 and above, ap
2.8, shutter 250, about the slowest shutter you can use on Jason cause he
moves so much.