Re: [Harp-L] bluegrass harmonica CDs

I want to compile an online discography of bluegrass CDs that feature harmonica. I know Bill Monroe used it in early lineups of his band, but are any of those recordings in print? Mike Stevens? Sara Cooke? Come in, please.

I have a 3-CD set of "Flatt and Scruggs Classics", 36 cuts in all. Of these, 7 employ harmonica.

I don't know if these all of these songs would qualify as "pure" bluegrass, but they employ bluegrass rhythms and the other instruments are all stringed...no drums or wind instruments.

Memphis in F
Kansas City in C
Wabash Cannonball  in G
You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone in G