Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Bobby Darin blowin'

Absolutely no quibble, Bobby Darin was an amazing talent as a vocalist and musician. I was just surprised by the juxtaposition between his very superior skills on the vibraphone versus his rudimentary skills on the harmonica. It's not just him it's a theme. Personally I've always liked Dylan and Neil Young. I like the John Lennon harmonica along with the Billy Joel Piano Man intro. To any offended Bobby Darin fans I apologise note that I've replaced abysmal with rudimentary. So here's the challenge. Can anyone come up with a musical personality playing an instrument that isn't their main instrument at a skill level typical of the many people who attempt this on harmonica? fjm