[Harp-L] Re: Shaker Madcat Microphone bass response.

On Jan 18, 6:38 pm, "Chris Canning" <chriscann...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> G'day all,
>
>                I have a question about finger microphones. I love my shaker
> madcat and I have always used finger microphones. The sonic flexibility they
> offer is awesome. The holy grail for me is finding a set up where I can get
> great acoustic sounds and hot electric sounds just by varing my hands and
> mouth (and attitude). I feel I have made great inroads towards this but the
> sticking point to me is the poor bass response on the small aperture madcat.
> I have read alittle about the Honker. Are there any others. Any one else
> going down this path.
>
> Thanks in advance Chris Canning. Melb Aus.

I've played thru a Shaker Madcat before and my ears heard the same
lack of bass response.  I also own 2 Honkers and I am COMPLETELY happy
with them. Good tonal response thru all ranges.(bass,mid, treb)  Also
being able to play truly acoustic style while amped up ,  really opens
up your playing.  They are the best mics I have owned or played thru.
If you'd like, I'll try to get an audio or video clip together so you
can have a listen for yourself.
P.S.   - usual disclaimer of no affiliation with Honker, just a
satisfied customer.

Chuck