Re: [Harp-L] Re: Hohner Chordomonicas

Thanks John,

The Seydel Chor comes in C and G and is described here:
http://www.seydel1847.de/epages/Seydel.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Seydel/Products/51483/SubProducts/51483C

Other keys are possible if special ordered through the forms on the "specialities" page (clicking on the tab near the middle of the upper tab row on the website).

Thanks,

Rupert Oysler
www.seydelusa.com

MilwHarmonica@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hello, Bob.
The wood-combed Hohner Chordomonicas I (10-hole, one slide), and II (12-holes 2 slides) were made by Hohner from a design of Cham-Ber Huang, a Chinese-born harmonica virtuoso, harmonica teacher, harmonica composer, harmonica designer and USA citizen. They were made from the from the early 1960s to the mid 1980s. Why was production of these unique harmonicas stopped? A guess would be that they weren't popular, and didn't make a lot of money for Hohner.
Chordomonicas appear on E-bay about every 6 months or so. They were made in the keys of E, F, G, A, and C. I've only seen key of C Chordomonicas for sale on E-bay.
The C.A. Seydel Sohne harmonica company sells an improved copy of the Chordomonica I. It's called the Seydel Chromatic Deluxe Chor. It's improved, because it has 12 holes instead of the ten holes of the Hohner Chordo I (the Chor has extended range). I don't know how many keys are available for the the Seydel Deluxe Chromatic Chor, but it's at least in C.
John Broecker

**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape. http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489