[Harp-L] drums/no drums in band

Hey, Mike.  Our band has evolved from always drums when we were getting started to roughly half and half lately.  Drums for the dance places, bars, firemen's ball, etc.  No drums (and often gathered around one condenser mike) for the non-dance venues, farmers' market, corporate cocktail hour/dinner gigs, some "apres-ski". So both can work, depends on what you are shooting for.  Like others have said, dancers like drums -- sounds like you are looking for danceable groove.  (FYI, we're harp, guitar, guitar/mando, bass -- upright bass mostly when we do the acoustic thing.)  Have fun!
  --jk