Re: [Harp-L] Please, help me save my upper lip!

Walter,
Agree with much of what Dave suggests in his response. You may want to get turbo lids from Dr. James Antaki @ www.turboharp.com. He could refit your harps or supply you with plastic body cool looking lids to snap it on yourself.

I have had this problem with several of Huang Silvertone harps I own when I have accidentally dropped a couple of the harps while playing with two different harps. While minor structural defects went unnoticed, my lips were taking a good bit of thrashing. They are great sounding harps but have such problems because they are not as smoothly designed as the Special 20s.

Jim's scientifically designed harp add-ons are a solution not only to this problem but is also favorably designed to get the right embouchure.