Re: [Harp-L] Richard Hayman

Sure beats  'pushing hod'
smokey-joe

On Jan 3, 2008, at 10:37 PM, Winslow Yerxa wrote:

I had a long conversation with Hayman maybe 10 years ago and he was starting (!) to play in Pro-Am golf tournaments. He was in his mid-70s at the time.

Maybe it's harmonica playing that keeps him in good health, maybe it's standing up and waving your arms in front of an orchestra - all that blood flow in the upper body. It can't be tearing your hair out writing arrangements under deadline pressure.

Winslow

----- Original Message ----
From: Robert Bonfiglio <bon@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, January 3, 2008 6:13:57 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Richard Hayman

So yesterday I called Richard Hayman in Florida. Here is one of the harmonica greats who has been a Symphony Pops conductor and arranger for maybe 60 years. So he tells me he is off to conduct a Pops concert with the Jacksonville Symphony in Florida and he is driving the 8 hours from West Palm Beach. He is 88 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, to be that healthy and active at 88, wow, maybe there is
something in good health and blowing the harmonica.

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com