Re: [Harp-L] zoom h2/h4 with external mics?

I frequently use external mics while recording with the Zoom H4.  The
results have been excellent.

The H4 has phantom power and XLR connectors for your good condenser mics,
but it will place a little extra burden on your batteries if you are running
under battery power.  Were possible I use a small tube preamp, and in that
configuration the recordings have been very, very good.

I have no experience with the H2, but I think I prefer the H4 because of its
4-channel multi-track abilities (two tracks recorded simultaneously).  Like
you, I use the H4 as a capture device, and almost never use its
effects.  I've had the H4 for over a year and have used it a lot.  Very cool
recorder.

-Spec20