[Harp-L] re: break on through

I can't do any of those goals but I can give advice!
Take lessons: deadlines and worries about disappointing people will give you
a push.
Set up a specific practice time and try to keep to it.
Play scales. It helps with sight reading I've been told. I don't have the
discipline so I can't say from personal experience.
Don't beat up on yourself. Unless you're a professional musican, who has
time to practice 6-8 hours a day? Have fun. Relax.
Listen to different music. Sometimes Chopin or Shostakovich will give you
some ideas you might not have come up with on your own. Myself I've been
really enjoying the old Latin dance stuff with Tito Puente and the like.
Stay in shape. Helps concentration and mood. Meditation helps too.
--
Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com