Re: [Harp-L] Jeff Carp

He Did play on "Father's & Sons" w/ Muddy and Butter on ALL ABOARD (chrom) .....and I have him on some cool old Bluesway Vinyl with Earl Hooker's band ....good player!! Nice that he got some mention here on Harp-l to...............

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Hoerl" <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 2:28 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Jeff Carp

Question From: Bill Rossoll <billrossoll@xxxxxxxxx> Subject: [Harp-L] Jeff Carp To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx Message-ID: <47C75FF2.2080109@xxxxxxxxx> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed

I can't remember if I read or heard that Jeff Carp played the chromatic
part on All Aboard which is on the Fathers and Sons album (Muddy
Waters). I have the LP around here somewhere but I'll be darned if I can
find it.
Anybody know?

Answer: Yes he did. I was taught by Norman Dayron at New College of California. (In Sausalito at the time)

Dayron was the producer of Fathers and Sons. I took a bunch of classes from him including Ethnomusicology and Recording Arts. He told us that Carp died in an accident at sea. He used to rave about Carp's playing, and said that had he lived, he would be the best harp player out there. (This was around 1974). -Dave Hoerl