[Harp-L] RE:RIP Buddy Miles

WEll im really shocked.and lots of emotions come to my head....I had the chance to play and even do some studio work with him,and i can tell you:He was one of the legends in black american music ,but also as a person.
Since the very first day he showed us that he was a humble person,full of power and love for the music.....i remember touring with him in a old van under the heat of Spain and he never complained, he was just thinking in the new arrangement for the  record and stuff like that...his head never stopped thinking in music!!!!
He could be days straight in the studio and never get tired.
And he knew about everything,he could play the bass lines,organ,guitar(the very few that i heard who could really dig the hendrix style)his vocal were from other planet...the only thing i never heard him play was the harp.....but he told me he liked Lee Oskar a lot,and also Butterfield..........i was a 22 year old crazy kid when i did this with him  but he never let me feel like a boy or less important than anyone.......he changed my life,made me beleave in myself and focuse into music .Playing "them chages" on stage with him is the heaviest experience i ever had.......
As a person he was REAL funny ,he made me cry laughing many times,i still can see  him sleeping in our place in Galicia,with all my hommies around him like if he was and old indian(in fact he had indian blood) and he just making jokes for them and eating tonels of octopus.......he was something else.Really he had like a aura all over him,he kind of made me understand the things i had heard about the 60's hippy , love and all that things......
Still last sunday  by telephon he was talking about doing some gigs in Spain this summer.....as i told you,he could not stop thinking in music........
The world gonna miss a music legend and a huge person,like" El toro"....thats how he liked to be called when he was with us.
Rest in peace buddy!!!!!

La vida de los famosos al desnudo en MSN Entretenimiento
http://entretenimiento.es.msn.com/