[Harp-L] Re: On-Stage Persona

Larry wrote:

  From: IcemanLE@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] On-Stage Persona

  Fred Astaire failed his first screen test - was told he was a lousy
 dancer.
He had a fire in his belly, kept at it and........

  Actually, citing from memory I think the verdict went something like this: "Can´t act. Can´t sing. Balding. Can dance a little."

   So, some minor encouragement there on the end. Nevertheless, I suppose Mr Austerlitz didn´t turn cartwheels across the floor if/when he read it.
    Things worked out fine for him, despite flunking three out of four ... Played the drums, too, did he.
  cheers,
  Martin