Re: [Harp-L] Oscar Winner for best Original Song - musician's movie

One thing I dug was that Glen Hansard played the same beat-up guitar onstage at the Oscars that he did in the movie - it has no pickguard and the top of the guitar has some large holes worn through by plectrum abrasion, almost like a pair of jeans with knees and butt split open from long wear.

The movie itself I found to be mostly spot-on about musicians and emotionally true. I especially liked that the romantic element did not get pulled into a conventional resolution.

Still, the meet-up and first jam in the music store was a bit too perfect, while the street rockers Hansard picked up to play on the demo recording adapted to his 5/4 meters awfully easily in the studio.

As Hansard said in his acceptance speech, "Create art!"

Winslow

IcemanLE@xxxxxxx wrote: Hopefully the award won for music in the movie "Once" will bring it to the
awareness of a wider audience.

This is a great movie about musicians. It will also turn you on to great  new
singer/songwriters, including the Irish group "The Frames" and their
charismatic and full of stage presence front man.

The Iceman

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)