[Harp-L] RE: Feedback and Stage Presence

Admitting that I am cheap but, I think wise, I would suggest to you all who
struggle with feedback the Behringer Mini FBQ800. It has a Feedback
Detection System that shows with lights on the bands where your feedback is.
I find that I can get more tone out of my harp and amp because I reduce the
problem spots and can increase the tonal ranges where there are no feedback
issues. I just play right in front of my amp with a couple harps in
different keys to find all the problem spots in the worst conditions and
then play in a better location than right in front of my amp. It works for
me and is much cheaper than the special harp stuff. But again I am cheap. I
prefer Herring vintage harps and Hohner Big River Band harps and use a Bogen
Challenger with a homemade speaker cabinet or my Silvertone 1482 and mics I
made myself. My amps are not modified for harp.

As for stage presence I have very little and I have a friend who has always
had it. He steps on stage and he owns the crowd. Even when he is just
playing bass in the background. I have another friend who has been singing
in his own band for years and always looks like a dork. I would guess I am
in the same boat. I am sure I am better than I used to be but I will never
be my friend with the natural talent. Of course he will also never hold down
a good job.

Derwood Blues