Re: [Harp-L] Fw: harpin' on about Kinder AFB again...

Kinder AFB - one of the cheapest and best products out there for blues
harp players.

1) 63 Deluxe (no reverb) with astatic JT30 crystal (vintage) starts to
feedback around 3 on volume. With Kinder AFB i can turn it up to 5, and
add treble if I want. Just for fun I recently played it with a lot of
treble (around 7) with Volume around 5 and was able to play without
feedback...had to be careful though. With treble more normally in the 4-5
range I can turn up to 5-6. That keeps me loud enough to be heard in most
circumstances, with just the 1speaker in the deluxe. It can really boost
the Concert I have.
2) You can adjust the amount of tonal effect to some degree. It takes a
bit of experimentation as it is different for every player, amp + mike
combo. I have marked my Kinder with a Sharpie once I find a setting that
works,and using the same mic and amp combo.  The box does tend to dirty or
phatten the tone, you can adjust the amount of distortion you want to get
though that will take some expermentation. It will take you a few hours to
get comfortable with the box.
3) if you play in a loud band, then I feel sorry for you, but you
absolutely need the box, or a Harp King. Those guitar players are always
turning up.
4) It's small and well made.

It's well worth the money and basically you get a full Kinder mod for $300
or whatever it is. It won't improve your playing but since you can play
more softly, you will naturally sound better.

Hope this helps
jj

Internet
harpwah@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
02/26/2008 06:02 AM

harp-l
cc

Subject
[Harp-L] Fw: harpin' on about Kinder AFB again...

I'm posting this on behalf of a harp buddy.......John,Hi mate. Can you
possibly please make enquiries on harpL.... re: The Kinder Anti Feed-back
device. I would like some harpL 'feedback' on....1. In the situation of
owning a really great harp amp and microphone combination; what realistic
advantages will it give to the professional player ? 2. Does it allow a
'full volume' amp function with added tonal effect, without the feedback
issues? 3. Will it 'push the sound' out more or take a touch off it?4.
Will an ordinary..say 100 watt guitar amp 'kick in' essentially with this
device added. I know these feedbacks you sent sorta cover it but I'd like
to see a bit  more to convince me to part with my $$$'s I guess tell 'em I
play in a very loud band.Thanks mate,Billy Bob Stiffie      Get the name
you always wanted with the new y7mail email
address.www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail